Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Moment of Weakness

I feel like a smoker trying to quit cold turkey when I don't want to quit at all (I know, quit it with the metaphors and analogies). I've been a neurotic mess this week without Eclipse and tonight was the first night since Sunday I've been able to see him.

I'm pretty sure he's a xanax wrapped in muscle, organs, fur and love. Any doubts I ever have about having him wash away the moment we're together. Maybe he's actually a magic pony and I didn't know it until now.

Thank you, Eclipse, for being my shoulder tonight and really listening to me. I'm sorry I doubted my ability to be with him. He is my priority, and I'm going to do everything in my power to make our relationship last forever and be rewarding for us both.

Happier posts from now on! Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Yep - my horse is my theapist. Best drug ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Epona,

    Just read your last three posts, and I tell you what - they are so similar to my own internal dialogue it's almost scary, but actually a little comforting. Thank goodness I'm not the only person who thinks this way!

    It really is magical how horses can make us feel better, isn't it? My own mare has lived with me in five different states and been with me through some of the worst times and best moments of my life, but I started a job with Parelli Natural Horsemanship last fall that involved me moving across the country and leaving her behind for five months. Sure made me realize that I canNOT live without that special horse/human relationship in my life. She makes everything better.

    In any case, thanks very much for sharing your story. It's so easy sometimes to start to wonder, "Maybe I'm just a fool of a dreamer who is never going to find the perfect life I imagine," but I can't give up on my vision of doing what I really, truly love and being absolutely passionate about what I do. As I said before, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    Sarah from Parelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel,
    I have a hard time explaining this to people. They think I'm crazy, but they really ARE so special that way. I will never give up on the idea that our souls are just MEANT to be together. The human relationship with the horse is truly one of a kind in my eyes...or maybe it's their relationship with us?

    Sarah,
    Thanks for stopping in! I think a lot of what this blog is for is to say what so many of us are thinking and feeling and bring it up for discussion. We shouldn't have to face our fears and joys alone...especially in the horse world!
    And believe me, I'm glad I'm not the only one with these things in my head either. Then I might worry more (which seems impossible haha).
    Please feel free to share any time :)

    ~Epona

    ReplyDelete